Internationale Perspektiven in eHealth
Internationale Perspektiven in eHealth SoSe 2017
Internationale Perspektiven in eHealth 
Dr. Najeeb Al-Shorbaji
Typ der Lehrveranstaltung:
Termine am Donnerstag. 27.04. - Freitag. 28.04., Donnerstag. 18.05. - Freitag. 19.05. 09:45 - 16:30
Do , 27.04.2017 09:45 - 16:30, Ort: (Raum 4103.04.404 - IZ 404: Bibliothek, Gebaeude Mühlenpfordtstraße 23 (4103): BS 4 / Informatikzentrum)
Objectives of qualification:
1. Knowledge of existing eHealth systems and services in different socioeconomic settings;
2. Knowledge of elements for ensuring sustainability of eHealth systems and services;
3. Knowledge on existing evidence and/or lack of it in support of eHealth investments in countries.
Content of lecture:
The lecture will include:
1. A series of presentations and group discussions on real life examples of eHealth systems and services selected from developed and developing countries with direct linkage to their national health systems;
2. A presentation on the role of eHealth services in supporting Universal Health Coverage;
3. A presentation on the factors contributing to sustainability of eHealth services and provide analysis as to why eHealth systems fail in countries;
4. A presentation on of the results from the Global eHealth Observatory Survey conducted by the World Health Organization to assist in mapping out issues and concerns in global eHealth including international collaboration and inseparability.
5. A presentation on international perspectives of national eHealth planning.
Literatur: 1. Medical Informatics, e-Health: Fundamentals and Applications. Editors: Venot, Alain, Burgun, Anita, Quantin, Catherine. Springer, 2014
2. Bulletin of the World Health Organization: Special issue on eHealth. http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/90/5/en/
3. Atlas of eHealth country profiles 2013: eHealth and innovation in women?s and children?s health. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/112761/1/9789241507288_eng.pdf
4. Global eHealth ? Measuring Outcomes: Why, What, and How.
5. Telemedicine and E-Health Services, Policies, and Applications: Advancements and Developments by Joel J. P. C. Rodrigues (Instituto de Telecomunicações, University of Beira Interior, Portugal), Isabel de la Torre Díez (University of Valladolid, Spain) and Beatriz Sainz de Abajo (University of Valladolid, Spain). IGI Global, 2012
6. National eHealth Strategy Toolkit. World Health Organization and International telecommunication Union, Geneva, 2012. https://www.itu.int/pub/D-STR-E_HEALTH.05-2012