The Peter L. Reichertz Institute (PLRI): Medical Informatics tradition since 1974
The Peter L. Reichertz Institute for Medical Informatics has been founded by Technische Universität Carolo-Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig (TU Braunschweig) and Hannover Medical School (MHH). The institute has sites both in the cities of Braunschweig and Hannover. The objective was to create a regional cluster of excellence in the field of Medical Informatics.
|Prof. Reichertz||Prof. Pretschner||Prof. Matthies|
|(1930 - 1987)||(1938 - 2007)||(geb. 1949)|
More than four decades of Medical Informatics
- 1969 Peter L. Reichertz becomes professor at MHH (development of the Medical System Hannover (MSH)).
- 1974 Foundation of the Institute for Medical Informatics at MHH (lead by Prof. Reichertz until 1987)
- 1975 – 1988 Minor subject medicine at computer science program of TU Braunschweig, organized by Prof. Reichertz
- 1986 Dietrich Peter Pretschner becomes professor at University of Hildesheim. He moves to Braunschweig in 1996.
- 1996 Foundation of the Institute for Medical Informatics at TU Braunschweig
- 2000 Prof. Herbert K. Matthies becomes professor at the MHH. Since 2008, Prof. Matthies was head of the MHH site of PLRI until his retirement in 2013.
- 2007 Foundation of the Peter L. Reichertz Institute of Medical Informatics (PLRI)
- Current academic chairs at the PLRI: Michael Marschollek (MHH, Acting Director PLRI, chair of the Hannover site of PLRI), Thomas M. Deserno (TU Braunschweig, Deputy Director PLRI, chair of the Braunschweig site of PLRI), Reinhold Haux (TU Braunschweig, Acting Director PLRI 2007-2017), N.N. (Assistant Professor for Medical Informatics of the Hannover site of PLRI)