The aim of eLearning research and development at PLRI is to improve education, training and continuing education in healthcare through information and communication technologies. Innovative web-based teaching, learning and evaluation methods support integrated methods to teach medical and nursing competencies alongside clinical skills. A key challenge is to enhance the individual user acquisition of competencies through digital-enhanced teaching and learning opportunities across different learning fields and work-life situations. This reflects the increasingly important role that human-technology interaction is playing in how we learn and work.
Focus of Research
Regarding the technological and didactic aspects of digital learning opportunities, the central research topics are:
- Development of didactic concepts of digital learning material in concrete educational processes
- Use of mobile devices to support individual learning
- Semantic web technologies in the context of digital learning
- Formal and organizational context and conditions for the use of digital media in teaching
- Promotion of learner competency development
- Use of AI methods for user-centered learning opportunities
PLRI works in close cooperation with various medical, dental and nursing departments as well as with Dean's Office of Hanover Medical School in the design and development of new e-learning services, resources and products.